Tuesday, December 5, 2006

REQUEST: Heaven's Gate (1980) / music by David Mansfield


I picked up the score to Michael Cimino's The Deer Hunter some time ago, I think on the late, greatly missed Dust to Dust blog.

Then, very recently, I found the score to Cimino's Year of the Dragon on Cheef Brody's Rare Score blog (THANK YOU SO MUCH Cheef Brody!).

So I am hoping to complete the Cimino triptych and hopefully locate the long missing score to Heaven's Gate. Say what you will, I love the movie.

If anyone can help out, I would be most grateful.

Thanks in advance for any help with any of the requests I have posted today.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, noticed you mentioned the dust2dust blog [one of my favs too], i've since come across a new re-uped version of it here:
http://dust-2-dust.blogspot.com/
thought you may like to know [if you don't already]. Thanx for the great OST's

Anonymous said...

Hi Blofeld

Here's Heaven's Gate, ripped from the 1999 Rykodisc reissue at 320 kps:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/otfyay

Enjoy - and thank you for all the great music you've been posting.

Cheers

Watson

Blofeld's Cat said...

anonymous:

I will definately re-up Barry's Until September & Starcrash sometime this weekend at a higher bit rate than what it was originally uploaded at.

Blofeld's Cat said...

oops - the bit about the Barry re-up was for another commonent in another post.

I meant to say a HUGE Thank You to Watson for a dream come true - the long sought after Heavens Gate. I cannot thank you enough for this one.

Blofeld's Cat said...

Watson

Once again, I just want to say THANK YOU for the Heavens Gate score.

Its beautiful and I am listening to it constantly.

Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Could you please repost it ? Thank you