Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Black Windmill (1974) / music by Roy Budd



Incredibly, a film by Don Siegel (Dirty Harry, Charley Varrick, The Beguiled, Telefon), it stars Michael Caine and Donald Pleasance, and...it blows. I saw this on the now-defunct Mystery cable channel and it was pretty much dead-on-arrival: uninvolving, boring. I did a double take when I saw Don Siegel's name attached as director.

Roy Budd's score does what it can to give the film a jolt and get it moving but its a losing battle (its not Budd's fault, believe me).

Someone on the You Dont Have to Visit This Blog site asked if anyone has Budd's Tomorrow Never Comes.

I'd like to hear that one but I'll also toss out - does anyone have Budd's scores for any of the following: Paper Tiger; The Sea Wolves; Soldier Blue; that Sinbad movie (I had seen this on the Forum just as it went kablooey and I didnt get to it in time).

I have Budd's score for Fear is the Key so if anyone wants that one, just let me know.

http://rapidshare.com/files/8483002/windmill.zip.html

9 comments:

IndyB007 said...

I have Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger and anothe Roy Budd score you did not mention and I'll post them up later this evening on soundtracks of doom...

Anonymous said...

another REQ: roy budd - get budd
(a best of)

any help, please?

thank you!

IndyB007 said...

Alright now... it's up and waiting for you my friend...

http://soundsofdoom.blogspot.com/

nomwl1 said...

Hi BC!

Another great share! And from what I remember of the movie, I agree with you.

And thanks for mentioning the blog!

Just wanted to stop by and wish you a happy holiday and thank you for all the great music! And I love the commentary too! Keep up the great work and again, have a happy holiday!

Blofeld's Cat said...

nomwl1

happy holidays to you too!

and thank you for the kind words and all of the great shares emanatin' from your blog (the all-time meeting place for sountrack-philes).

Anonymous said...

Roy Budd: Tomorrow Never Comes -

http://rapidshare.com/files/11400644/Tomorrow_Never_Comes.rar

Anonymous said...

Roy Budd's Paper Tiger OST is still available over at RangeRaver's Departure Lounge

http://rangeraver-lounge.blogspot.com/2006/08/paper-tiger-ost-roy-budd.html

Anonymous said...

Dear Blogger... Thanks for the Music of Roy Budd. Could you please put the "Black Windmill" OST once again? Thanks for your effort!

Anonymous said...

I've just found your post about The Black Windmill.
I've been searching for a copy of the soundtrack for ages...Only to find it's expired...
Any chance you could upload it again, please...
...or I'll have to get Drabble to give you a call...
Phil Drabble that is..
"Oh he's gone far too wide there.."
There is after all more than one Drabble...