Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Obsession (1976) / music by Bernard Hermann



I should have more of Hermann's scores than I currently do; unfortunately, I only have a few, and all are from the 1970s. Given that the Hermann scores I do have consist of Taxi Driver and Obsession (among a few others, posting soon), I think I will do just fine on a desert island with just these scores.

The score for Brian Depalma's Obsession is simply a gorgeous score; its scary, menacing, suspenseful but always filtered with romantic melodys. The movie would not work as well as it does without this score.

NOTE: The score comes in two (2) parts because the disc is otherwise too large a file.

P.S. - I dont have Hermann's scores for Its Alive or It Lives Again so if anyone has them and wouldnt mind sharing, I would greatly appreciate it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/6261414/obsession1.zip.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/6261542/obsession2.zip.html

5 comments:

araakeen said...

The links are not valid anymore ...

Could you please re-upload it ?

Cherokee Red said...

reup?

www.pcwebsite.net said...

There's no doubt, the guy is completely right.

www.granada-3d.com said...

I suppose one and all should browse on it.

Anonymous said...


Thanks for sharring importent information in this blog.
It was very nice.
Yazılı Soruları
Aşk Flashları
Cilt Bakımı