Monday, December 4, 2006

Battle Beyond the Stars (1980) / music by James Horner



My second favorite James Horner score, after Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan - maybe cuz these scores sound so much alike?

I also have a soft spot for the film - maybe cuz of Sybil Danning and her choice of wardrobe in the film?

This score was actually paired with Horner's score for Humanoids from the Deep, which I really wanted to include in this post just to showcase some images / artwork from this quintessential exploitation-movie fave (images with, y'know, chicks in bikinis, chicks in the nude, tacky monsters attacking chicks in bikinis, tacky monsters attacking chicks in the nude, etc). However, there was a limit to the size of any one file we can upload so maybe I will get to Humanoids later this week.

So for now, enjoy "A battle beyond time, beyond space" in 192kbs...

http://rapidshare.com/files/6118221/battle_beyond.zip.html

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found this blog - it's great! I like your taste for cinema and music and enjoy it very much. good luck.
Doron

Lacey said...

What I loved about this film is that the special effects were sold "en mas" to every B-movie scifi done in the 80s. You knew the sequence of any space battle it you saw this film. I believe that is how Corman made his money.

Thanks for the post, this is also one of my favs.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that, I think that's one of the best sci fi scores ever, bought the album back in 82, got no record player now, so that was mighty kind of you to upload it.
do you have the "Getaway" sound track orig Mc Queen

Anonymous said...

I love Horner's scores. Thanks!

bloguay.com/mueblesmadrid715 said...

It won't succeed as a matter of fact, that's exactly what I think.

Anonymous said...


Thanks for sharring importent information in this blog.
It was very nice.
Yazılı Soruları
Aşk Flashları
Cilt Bakımı