Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Until September (1984) + Starcrash (1979) / music by John Barry






I know, I know: ANOTHER John Barry. Honestly, I am just picking things off the shelf and, if I havent seen that particular title offered on any of the usual suspects of blogs similar to this one, then I am content to just post that day's pick.

The score for Until September is a great example of why I love John Barry; no one else can do the lush, romantic music in quite the same way. The tinkling piano of the main theme always makes me swoon.

At the time the film was released, I had a massive crush on Karen Allen (ever since Raiders of the Lost Ark); pairing Ms. Allen with this John Barry score inspired many a romantic fantasy of my own, each infinitely more interesting and exciting than this film.

Barry's score for Starcrash comes from the same period when Barry gave us the scores to Moonraker and The Black Hole. Starcrash has many echoes of those scores, and some of the same faults - it kinda drags a bit. Whereas Barry's score for Until September is more memorable than the film itself, with Starcrash, the opposite is true: I remember the film more than the score. Maybe thats due to the fact that Starcrash has Caroline Munro wearing some nice little nothings throughout the film. Aside from that, I find these Italian rip-offs of Star Wars (such as Starcrash; The Humanoid; etc) so entertaining; I would rather watch these Italian rip-offs over any of the actual Star Wars films.

And, yes, for those people interested in such things, Audiograbber was used when ripping this disc.

http://rapidshare.com/files/5254348/until_starcrash.zip.html

4 comments:

Unknown said...

John Barry is my all-time favorite. Thanks for this!

Anonymous said...

Very rare, thanks!

Anonymous said...


Thanks for sharring importent information in this blog.
It was very nice.
Yazılı Soruları
Aşk Flashları
Cilt Bakımı

EmmaYaBasta said...

Please re-up!!