Saturday, November 18, 2006

The Marseille Contract (1974); music by Roy Budd


Roy Budd has an incredible string of film scores from the 60s and 70s, including Get Carter, The Stone Killer, Diamonds, and The Wild Geese (to name but a few off the top of my head).

The music for this obscure film is just cool, cool, cool thriller film music.

The cast of this flick alone demands that I see it butI cant find it anywhere. It may have been out on videocassette (remember them) back in the heyday under the name The Destructors but who the hell can find VHS videocassettes in this day and age.

If you have seen the film and want to share your opinions, pls do.

Or, if you havent seen the film, feel free to content yourself with the score - here it is:

http://rapidshare.com/files/3942814/budd_marseille.zip.html

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool stuff, man!

I will add you to the OST Hub right away!

Mr. Boddah said...

The only place you'll find The King Of Comedy soundtrack is on LP. I don't think it was ever released on CD. Sorry, wish I could help.

Anonymous said...

Very nice, but please explain: why does this say "The Black Windmill" when I import it into iTunes? Of course, that does not mean the flavor ain't great, I just think of it as a blindfold test, you know? Like the one where someone puts a pear under your nose while you eat an apple and you think you're eating a pear? For the time being, however, I'll imagine Micheal Caine sneaking around the seedy portside of the major heroin exporter at that time, turtleneck and flares, side-zip boots, fancy automatic with a silencer atttached, stalking James Mason, with Anthony Quinn like watching it all through a high-powered scope...
Ok. So, yeah, sucker for assassins with style: what can I say?

Blofeld's Cat said...

Anonymous:

This was one of my first posts and I had mislabeled the tracks cuz I thought I was uploading the Black Windmill soundtrack.

Rest assured it is the Marseille score.

This can probably do with an upgrade as the bitrate is really low (again, it was one of my firstones and I was learning as I went along).

Let me know if you want em to post an upgrade to 320kbs.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I just read your note on You Don't Have To ....big comment....

I'm still searching for higher quality rip of this Marseille Contract, so If YOU HAVE TIME, go ahead, I'm not in a hurry ...

Oh by the way, I made a thread about Budd in our Forum : vinylophiles.free.fr/ with some of your link (that I have credited and linked to your blog) I hope you won't mind...
check the forum, register [you're welcome] ....you won't be disapointed....

cheers

MIC said...

Can you re-up the movie please ?

Anonymous said...


Thanks for sharring importent information in this blog.
It was very nice.
Yazılı Soruları
Aşk Flashları
Cilt Bakımı